Monday 29 February 2016

Soul on my boots - King

While I have been collecting singles for almost 40 years now, and I have been obsessed with Eighties music ever since the Eighties, there is still sometimes a single release that somehow managed to elude me all through these decades. This single is a perfect example.

King's debut single 'Love & pride' was a big hit, and so was its follow-up 'Won't you hold my hand now'. I did know, of course, that both singles had to be re-released to become such hits: the original releases in April 1984 and October 1984 respectively weren't so successful, but back then record companies didn't give up so easily, and so in early 1985 'Love & pride' became a number 2 hit in the UK, and in March 1985 'Won't you hold my hand now' was remixed and peaked at number 24.

What I didn't know, was that there was another single between those two, released in August 1984 (and failing to chart as well). I'd never even seen this single until now. And here it is: 'Soul on my boots'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5820
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 23, 2016
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Soul on my boots' / 'Ain't no doubt'

Listen to the song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising