Wednesday 17 April 2013

The world stood up - Marty Wilde

Marty Wilde's 'Abergavenny' is a well-known hit from 1968 in most European countries. It comes from the album 'Diversions', also released in 1968 and very much in need of a CD release. But little did I know that another single was taken from that album.

I was at a record fair this Saturday and while walking past some dealers I suddenly spotted a stack of singles at the side of one stall. On top was this one: 'The world stood up' by Marty Wilde. Well, obviously I had to have this one and I was pleased that it didn't cost a fortune. Backing vocals on this track were performed by Marty's wife Joyce.

My collection: 7" single no. 5336
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 13, 2013
Cost: 3 euro
Tracks: 'The world stood up' / 'In the night'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising