Tuesday 30 October 2012

Love me do - The Beatles

I'm not a Beatles fan and not an expert either, but when I found out that 'Love me do' was to be re-released this month because of the fact it was originally released 50 years ago, my interest in this 7" single was raised. I think everyone is familiar with this song, as it is always played on the radio and some people consider it as the start of pop music as we know it now. The Beatles were the defining group of the Sixties, like Abba was in the Seventies and, well, many British bands were in the Eighties.

The was a slight f***up with this single because EMI pressed it with a wrong version of 'Love me do' (featuring Andy White instead of Ringo Starr on drums), causing its release to be postponed. (One does wonder: how does this even happen?) But, lo and behold, it was ultimately released on October 22, 50 years and 17 days after its original release.

My collection: 7" single no. 5297
Found: Amazon.co.uk, received October 30, 2012
Cost: 5 pounds
Tracks: 'Love me do' / 'P.S. I love you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising