Sunday 22 April 2012

I wanna be loved by you - Marty Wilde

'I wanna be loved by you' was written by Herbert Stothart and Harry Ruby with lyrics by Bert Kalmar for the 1928 musical 'Good boy'. First performed by Helen Kane, the song became best known in a version by Marilyn Monroe in Billy Wilder's classic movie 'Some like it hot'.

It was a bit of a surprise when I found this single by Marty Wilde, because I didn't know he'd recorded a version too. It was released in the summer of 1960 but didn't reach the UK singles chart. And of course I should have known about this track because I actually have it on the lengthy 3 cd compilation, 'The full Marty'. D'oh!

My collection: 7" single no. 5318
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 14, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I wanna be loved by you' / 'Angry'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising