Thursday 2 February 2012

Send me a lover - Taylor Dayne

'Send me a lover' was written by Rick Hahn and George Thatcher, and released on September 6, 1993 as the second single from Taylor Dayne's album 'Soul dancing'. It peaked at number 50 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. In Europe, the single didn't become a hit. Perhaps that's why it didn't appear on 7" vinyl in Europe. This single was made in the USA and didn't come in a picture sleeve.

Unfortunately, the song was later covered by Celine Dion, who butchered the song beyond recognition with her grating voice. This version by Taylor Dayne remains the only one you can hear without bleeding ears.

My collection: 7" single no. 5287
Found: Fun Records, Berlin, received February 2, 2012
Cost: 1,2 euro
Tracks: 'Send me a lover' / 'Someone like you'

1 comment:

  1. I precisely needed to thank you very much once more. I am not sure the things I might have achieved in the absence of the type of pointers shared by you regarding my subject matter. It had been a very difficult circumstance in my position, nevertheless encountering your specialized strategy you handled the issue forced me to jump over gladness. Now i'm happier for this guidance and then have high hopes you comprehend what a great job you're putting in educating people today with the aid of a site. I know that you have never got to know any of us.
    simplehuman Adjustable Stainless Steel Shower Caddy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising