Monday 30 January 2012

I can't help it - Bananarama

This American pressing of Bananarama's single 'I can't help it' features the sleeve artwork that was used for 'Love in the first degree' in the UK. The B-side, 'Mr. Sleaze', was also the B-side of 'Love in the first degree' in the UK. And so here's a release that I felt would be an interesting addition to my collection.

'I can't help it' was written Bananarama with Stock, Aitken and Waterman, who also produced the track. It reached number 47 in the US Billboard Hot 100. The single peaked at number 20 in the UK singles chart. So perhaps the Herb Ritts photography on the sleeve of the UK version would have been a better choice?

My collection: 7" single no. 5283
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, January 27, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I can't help it' / 'Mr. Sleaze'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising