Wednesday 16 November 2011

One night in Bangkok - Murray Head

Only two years after buying the 7" single, I bought the 12" single of 'One night in Bangkok', the hit single from the musical Chess written by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus from Abba with Tim Rice.

I was curious about this extended version, and I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I heard it. The mix does have an interesting structure, but the idea to incorporate other pieces of music from the musical into this mix was not a particularly good one. Still, 'Chess' fans will certainly like this version.

My collection: 12" single no. 324
Found: Record fair, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'One night in Bangkok [extended version]' / 'Merano'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising