Monday 17 October 2011

Stop stop stop - Lisa

When I saw this single, I thought it was an early release by Lisa Stansfield. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a single from 1978 featuring a track called 'Sagoland', subtitled 'Fairytale'. I immediately thought of the Dana hit from 1976, and as it turns out, it is indeed a translated version of that song.

Looking for more information, I couldn't find much more information about Lisa than this single and the accompanying album, released in 1978 too, featuring 12 tracks, more than half of them in Swedish. Forget the A-side of this single. 'Fairytale' in Swedish: it still sounds good.

My collection: 7" single no. 5201
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 14, 2011
Cost: 10p
Tracks: 'Stop stop stop' / 'Sagoland (Fairytale)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising