Thursday 20 October 2011

Planet earth - Duran Duran

Finding the debut single of Duran Duran has become something of a nightmare for me in recent years. I think I have all of their 7" singles, but this one eluded me - until this weekend. It's not that I never saw a copy, it's just that I wasn't prepared to spend double digits in any western currency for it.

The single was released on February 2, 1981, and was an immediate hit in the UK, peaking at number 12 later that month. The track was the first to explicitly acknowledge the New Romantic fashion movement, with the line 'Like some New Romantic looking for the TV sound'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5209
Found: Out on the floor, London, October 15, 2011
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Planet earth' / 'Late bar'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising