Sunday 3 October 2010

Yesterday once more - Carpenters

When I was young I'd listen to the radio waiting for my favourite songs. I can't remember if the Carpenters were ever played back then, but if they were, I doubt if I would have really appreciated them much. Their songs would have been a tad too syrupy for me.

Flash forward 30 years and behold, the Carpenters have made their way into my record collection. I first heard their songs again about a year ago on Kim Wilde's excellent radio show 'Secret Songs' on Magic FM, and since then I've grown to like them. One of their big hits is the sentimental 'Yesterday once more'. It starts with the line: 'When I was young I'd listen to the radio waiting for my favourite songs'...

My collection: 7" single no. 4924
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, October 2, 2010
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Yesterday once more' / 'Road ode'

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! This blog has introduced me to so many artists I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard the original version. Only the swedish version from Sylvia Vrethammar here in Sweden. Reading your blogg with great interest. Bye from Frank

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising