Sunday 17 October 2010

Love resurrection - Alison Moyet

I was very disappointed when Yazoo broke up, and I had a hard time forgiving Alison Moyet for starting up a solo career and recording songs that were so different from the synth-driven pop tracks composed by her and Vince Clarke. But in time I had to concede that Moyet was a pretty damn good singer in her own right and her voice fits pretty much with every style of music.

Last week she was one of the stars during a concert dedicated to Kirsty MacColl, along with Kim Wilde, Amy MacDonald and Andrea Corr amongst others, and I hear she is now a slim, beautiful woman. Back in 1984, she was big and quite scary to watch. One thing never changed, though: the voice. This 12" single features a longer version of her debut solo single, 'Love resurrection'.

My collection: 12" single no. 411
Found: Record fair, 200X
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Love resurrection (long version)' / 'Baby I do'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising