Sunday 16 May 2010

You keep me hangin' on - Kim Wilde, You win again - Bee Gees

This promotional jukebox single from Italy is evidence that the Italians were a bit slow in picking up one of Kim Wilde's biggest hits, 'You keep me hangin' on'. While the Bee Gees' 'You win again' was released in September 1987, Kim's single was originally released a year earlier.

I have no documentation on the chart history of 'You keep me hangin' on' in Italy, but I suspect it only charted when this promo was circulated. By that time, it had already reached number 1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart - no mean feat for a female singer from the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 4866
Found: eBay.co.uk, received May 15, 2010
Cost: 6 pounds
Tracks: 'You keep me hangin' on' (Kim Wilde) / 'You win again' (Bee Gees)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising