Tuesday 18 May 2010

Jackie's strength - Tori Amos

I never managed to turn my friend Puck into a Tori Amos fan, however hard I tried. While I bought all of her albums and singles, he remained insensitive to the beauty of her Nineties work. Admittedly, Amos creatively burned out after the turn of the century, but before she did, she created some magical music.

In 1999, I was pleasantly surprised when Puck actually liked the 'Wedding cake club mix' of 'Jackie's strength'. Originally a moving ballad on Tori Amos' 1998 album 'From the choirgirl hotel', Warren Rigg turned it into a 'hands in the air' dance anthem. Quite an achievement and I actually liked this remix myself too. I bought this American double 12" single mainly for the sleeve, because all the tracks were released on the American cd-single as well.

My collection: 12" single no. 400
Found: Record fair, 1999
Cost: 20 guilders
Tracks: 'Jackie's strength (Wedding cake club mix)' / 'Jackie's strength (Wedding cake edit)' // 'Jackie's strength (One Rascal dub #1)' / 'Father Lucifer (Sylkscreen remix)' // 'Jackie's strength (One Rascal dub #2)' / 'Father Lucifer (Sylkscreen instrumental)' // 'Jackie's strength (Wedding cake meltdown mix)' / 'Jackie's strength (Bonus beats)'

2 comments:

  1. When are we going to burn a "best off 12 inches" CD? Jippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant was: When are we going to burn a "best off remixes" CD? The 12" version is way to long :-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising