Friday 23 April 2010

Tell it to my heart - Taylor Dayne

The Eighties were loud, proud and percussive, as demonstrated on this 12" single by Taylor Dayne. 'Tell it to my heart' was her breakthrough hit in 1987, and it pretty much defines how dance music sounded around that time.

Instrumental breaks, drum beats, vocals that almost tear through your bone, and all that in three versions that don't necessarily sound all that different from one another. Still, this is a fine dance track that stands the test of time pretty well.

My collection: 12" single no. 183
Found: Record Exchange, London, 1992
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Tell it to my heart (Club mix)' / 'Tell it to my heart (Percapella mix)', 'Tell it to my heart (Dub mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising