Sunday 18 April 2010

New beginning (Mamba Seyra) - Bucks Fizz

I bought the 7" single of Bucks Fizz's 'New beginning (Mamba Seyra)' pretty soon after its release. The 12" single followed years later, after a period in which I'd grown tired of the song and eventually started to like it again. The fact that Puck was quite interested in this track also helped, of course.

I finally bought this 12" single in 1996. It features an extended version of the track as well as two bonus tracks. The extended version is loud and full of echoes - very Eighties indeed.

My collection: 12" single no. 297
Found: Record fair, 1996
Cost: 2,5 guilders
Tracks: 'New beginning (Mamba Seyra) (extended version)' / 'In your eyes', 'I need your love'

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaahhh! Mambaaaaaaaa. This brings back memories. Fantastic one hit wonder (like I tend to think). After years of searching I finaly got this extended mix on the Album-CD.
    Why I like it... easy: it's a mix with all the orignial sounds and some extras and most important with all the lyrics! That's why I also like Irresistible by Stephanie. Both are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising