Sunday 14 March 2010

The lover in me - Sheena Easton

Under the wings of Prince, Sheena Easton reinvented herself as a sex bomb in the mid-Eighties. This image proved to be successful mostly in the United States, but sometimes her singles would have some chart success in Europe as well.

'The lover in me' was released in 1988 as the first single from Easton's album of the same name. Produced by LA & Babyface, it was one of her biggest hits in the USA and her first top 20 hit in the UK after eight years, peaking at number 15. In the Dutch Top 40, the single peaked at number 12.

My collection: 7" single no. 775
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, March 23, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'The lover in me' / 'The lover in me (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising