Sunday 7 March 2010

I'm not satisfied - Fine Young Cannibals

Although I have the limited edition singles in a tin can from all four previous single releases from Fine Young Cannibals' 1989 album 'The raw and the cooked' (1989) - 'She drives me crazy', 'Good thing', 'Don't look back' and 'I'm not the man I used to be' - I have not been able to locate the fifth one. It's not even offered on eBay or similar websites these days. It's a frustration, but I do have the 'normal' single.

Written by lead vocalist Roland Gift and bassist David Steele, 'I'm Not Satisfied' depicts a man who criticizes the weekends for being too short, his girlfriend for being too possessive, and the city for being too depressing. This fifth single release from 'The raw and the cooked' (1989) reached number 46 in the UK singles chart, number 83 in Canada and number 90 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 1193
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, March 9, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I'm not satisfied' / 'I'm not satisfied (The Nicci edit)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising