Monday 15 February 2010

Twilight zone - Golden Earring

My earlier post about 'Long blond animal' by the Golden Earring caused some readers to write a comment. I wrote that if the group had quit like they planned, it would have saved us a lot of unnecessary music. 'What about 'Twilight zone'?', was the general complaint.

Well, indeed. I did like the song when it came out in 1982, and I even bought the single. At the same time, the song has been played so often on radio and television that I'm still very bored by it. So would the world have been a darker place without this single? I don't really think so. But it was a number 1 hit for the band, which should have been, again, reason enough for them to call it quits. Unfortunately, they didn't...

My collection: 7" single no. 149
Found: Studio Echo, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Twilight zone' / 'King dark'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising