Wednesday 3 February 2010

This is my life (La vita) - Shirley Bassey

One of the gay anthems of all time was recorded by Shirley Bassey. 'La vita' was originally written in Italy by Bruno Canfora and Antonio Amurri. Shirley Bassey's version included English lyrics by Norman Newell and was called 'This is my life'.

The track first appeared in 1968 on Bassey's album of the same name. In 1979, she released the album 'The magic is you', another album featuring 'This is my life'. The track was released as a single and reached number 4 in the Dutch Top 40. It has since been adopted by gay rights activists as a statement of independence and pride.

My collection: 7" single no. 4523
Found: Any old time, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,1 euro
Tracks: 'This is my life (La vita)' / 'The magic is you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising