Friday 26 February 2010

The silence in my heart - Esther Tuely

Now that I'm hunting for singles again, I sometimes find 7" singles that I never thought were even released. And this one is a good example. 'The silence in my heart' was released as a 1-track cd-single in 1992. Around that time, most Dutch record shops weren't stocking 7" singles anymore, and the one address I still visited regularly never had this single.

Now, 18 years later, I found not one, but five copies of this single tucked away in a closet in a second hand shop. 'The silence in my heart' is Esther Tuely's most accomplished song, and it is still a mystery to me why this didn't turn out to be a hit.

My collection: 7" single no. 4591
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, February 26, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'The silence in my heart' / 'Eye of heaven (remix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising