Friday 26 February 2010

Precious little diamond (Shep Pettibone mix) - Fox the fox

So I have the 7" single and the 12" single of Fox the fox's 'Precious little diamond' - what else could there be? As it turns out, this 1984 single was re-released in 1986 in a remix made by Shep Pettibone.

A lot has changed in two years: the band, originally consisting of six members on the 1984 sleeve, seems to have been brought down to only two members, and the remix diminishes the beautiful song to a rather substandard collection of beats. Well, maybe I'm a bit harsh, but although I like this remix, I do prefer the original track.

My collection: 7" single no. 4574
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, February 26, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Precious little diamond (Shep Pettibone mix)' / 'Man on the run'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising