Wednesday 17 February 2010

Lithium - Nirvana

Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain described 'Lithium' as 'one of those songs I actually did finish while trying to write it instead of taking pieces of my poetry and other things'. He added that the sog is about a man who, after the death of his girlfriend, turns to religion 'as a last resort to keep himself alive. To keep him from suicide. I did infuse some of my personal experiences, like breaking up with girlfriends and having bad relationships'.

The song was originally recorded in April 1990 with Butch Vig producing. It appeared as a track on their debut album 'Nevermind' and released as a single from the album. It reached number 11 in the UK singles chart and number 16 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1695
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, August 15, 1992
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Lithium' / 'Been a son (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising