Friday 5 February 2010

I remember yesterday - Donna Summer

'I remember yesterday' is the title track from Donna Summer's 1977 album. The song uses a 1940s-influenced sound (with both melody and instruments) and combines this with the disco sound that Summer had become associated with.

When the track was released as a single, it became a hit in Europe. Upon its release as a single it became a hit in Europe. It would be one of Summer's first singles in a long time that did not feature the trademark sensual moans and groans that had become associated with her. It reached number 24 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 14 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4542
Found: Any old time, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,1 euro
Tracks: 'I remember yesterday (part 1)' / 'I remember yesterday (part 2)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising