Saturday 20 February 2010

I gave you my heart (didn't I) - Hot Chocolate

Although this single was released in 1983, I didn't hear it until 1988. When I did hear it, it was hard to believe that this was a Hot Chocolate track: it was a poppy track, but lacked the funky feel of most of their material. Still, I liked it a lot and after some time hunting for this single, I found it.

'I gave you my heart (didn't I)' was the last original hit single for Hot Chocolate in the UK, peaking at number 13 in early 1984. Although the band never formally broke up, they stopped releasing original material in 1984. Remixes and reissues did manage to get into the UK singles chart subsequently, but this single represents the end of Hot Chocolate as an active band.

My collection: 7" single no. 841
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I gave you my heart (Didn't I)' / 'Jeannie'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising