Friday 26 February 2010

After a fashion - Midge Ure and Mick Karn

The one-off collaboration between Midge Ure and Mick Karn, 'After a fashion', was released in 1983. I had a hard time finding the 7" single, but when I did, I thought I had it all. That is, of course, until I found this 12" single today. I didn't know a 12" single existed, but I'm glad I was able to buy it right away.

This 12" single features an extended remix that is just that: an extended version of the 7" single version. It seems to be a simple cut and paste job, with longer instrumental passages, an effect that is achieved by putting them in a loop. A charming little remix.

My collection: 12" single no. 529
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, February 26, 2010
Cost: 2,5 euro
Tracks: 'After a fashion (extended version)' / 'Textures'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising