Sunday 10 January 2010

Kiss on my list - Daryl Hall and John Oates

Daryl Hall and John Oates recorded 'Kiss on my list' in 1980 on their album 'Voices'. While two other songs from the album had returned the duo to chart activity, it was the success of 'Kiss on my list' that confirmed the start of the duo's sustained run as one of American pop's top-selling acts, a run that lasted until the end of the Eighties. In the USA, the single peaked at number 1, while in the UK, it reached number 33.

According to Daryl Hall, Eddie Van Halen copied the synth part of this song and used it for the song 'Jump' by Van Halen.

My collection: 7" single no. 977
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, August 29, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Kiss on my list' / 'Africa'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising