Friday 15 January 2010

Do what you do - Jermaine Jackson

After Michael Jackson's phenomenal success with 'Thriller', it seemed like all of his siblings wanted a piece of the pie as well. Janet Jackson started a very successful career together with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Jermaine Jackson signed with Arista records to release 'Dynamite', an album featuring a couple of hit singles. One of them was 'Do what you do', which some say featured Michael Jackson on backing vocals.

The main revelation for me was the music video at the time. I was already familiar with the fact that belly buttons can be 'innies' or 'outies', but I'd never seen a spine so deeply hidden in someone's back (scroll to 3'21 to see this anatomical phenomenon). Meanwhile, 'Do what you do' reached number 4 in the UK singles chart and the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 257
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Do what you do' / 'Tell me I'm not dreamin' (Too good to be true)' (duet with Michael Jackson)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising