Thursday 17 December 2009

You treated me wrong - Maywood

The sisters Alie and Doetie de Vries, calling themselves Alice May and Caren Wood, started singing at a very early age. The joined the Karina's in 1974, moving on to the country group Colt 45 in 1976 and in 1977 forming the duo The Lady Pop's. In 1978 they decided to continue as Maywood.

'You treated me wrong' was their second single, produced by ex-Kayak drummer Pim Koopman, who had just started producing. Although the single only reached number 32, it was their first Dutch Top 40 hit and the start of a very successful career.

My collection: 7" single no. 782
Found: All that music, Leiden, March 24, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'You treated me wrong' / 'I can't let you go now'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising