Tuesday 8 December 2009

Let it be - Beatles

Paul McCartney said he had the idea of 'Let it be' after a dream he had about his mother during the tense period surrounding the sessions for the 'White Album'. McCartney later commented: 'It was great to visit with her again. I felt very blessed to have that dream. So that got me writing 'Let It Be'.'

The single 'Let it be' showed exactly how the Beatles had progressed since their early days. They had become experienced musicians, who were able to write a classic song like 'Let it be', and at the same time they produced throwaway tracks like 'You know my name', which basically is a piece of improvisations. The single reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and number 1 in the USA and the Netherlands.

My collection: 7" single no. 454
Found: Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Let it be' / 'You know my name'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising