Sunday 29 November 2009

You can do magic - America

When I was a regular listener of a local illegal radio station (back in the Eighties, the government in the Netherlands wanted to have completely noiseless airwaves), 'You can do magic' by America was regularly played. I never found the single, and I think I know now why: it was a single from 1982, and I heard it at least a year or two later.

'You can do magic' was America's biggest hit in the USA, peaking at number 8 in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In the UK it did less well, stalling at number 59.

My collection: 7" single no. 4313
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'You can do magic' / 'Even the score'

1 comment:

  1. America had several #1 singles in the US during the 1970s. This was their only hit in the US during the 80s.

    This is the most amazing web site! I visit it everyday and you provide so many great songs to this US reader.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising