Tuesday 10 November 2009

My song of you - Laurent Voulzy

Laurent Voulzy recorded the song 'Les nuits sans Kim Wilde' in 1985, a tribute to the English singer and a remarkable pop song. I bought the compilation album 'Carib islander' a decade later and found out that Voulzy actually made several remarkable pop songs - and some lovely chansons as well.

'My song of you' is one of those chansons. Despite the English title, the song is almost entirely in French and showcases the amazing talent of Voulzy to write and perform a very melodic song seemingly without effort.

My collection: 7" single no. 4200
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, November 8, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'My song of you' / 'My song of you (version acoustique)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising