Saturday 14 November 2009

Don't turn me away - 10CC

The eighth studio album by 10CC was 'Ten out of 10', released in 1981. It failed to chart in the USA and UK. The album marked the first involvement with the band by American singer-songwriter Andrew Gold. The American record company wanted more of an American flavour to the album.

In the UK, the record company was less enthusiastic about this change. They replaced all three of Andrew Gold's contributions, as well as a Gouldman-penned track, with four tracks by Gouldman and Stewart. The second single taken from the album was 'Don't turn me away', written by Eric Stewart. I always thought it was an excellent song, however this single too failed to chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 594
Found: All that music, Leiden, February 16, 1988
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't turn me away' / 'Tomorrow's world today'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising