Sunday 4 October 2009

Paperback writer - The Beatles

This single is part of a boxed set of all of Beatles 7" singles, reissued some time in the Seventies. I wish I could find that box set for a relatively cheap price, but so do many others. Every time it pops up on eBay, you can spend a fortune on it. So for now, I'll have to be satisfied with the three separate singles I bought in 1986. This is the first of them.

'Paperback writer' was originally released in 1966. Written in the form of a letter from an aspiring author to a publisher, 'Paperback writer' was the first Beatles single that was not a love song. The single reached number 1, well, everywhere.

My collection: 7" single no. 455
Found: Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Paperback writer' / 'Rain'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising