Sunday 4 October 2009

I've seen that face before - Grace Jones

'I've seen that face before' was the third single taken from Grace Jones' 1981 album 'Nightclubbing'. The song combines 'Libertango', an Argentine tango classic written by bandoneonist Ástor Piazzolla, with a reggae arrangement en new lyrics by Grace Joes and Barrey Reynolds.

This version of the single, which I've only seen once (when I bought it), features not only a beautiful sleeve, but also a Spanish version on the B-side. It replaces the French spoken verse 'Tu cherches quoi ? À rencontrer la mort ? Tu te prends pour qui ? Toi aussi tu détestes la vie...' with a literal translation in Spanish. The single reached number 2 in the Dutch Top 40. Bizarrely, it did not chart in the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 2995
Found: London, May 27, 1998
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'I've seen that face before' / 'I've seen that face before (Spanish version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising