Monday 12 October 2009

I would do for you - UB40

'I would do for you' was a 1989 single by UB40. As they continued to make music well into the Nineties and Noughties, the band became increasingly uninspired, and personally I think this is one of their last great songs.

It was not particulalrly successful, considering it only made number 45 in the UK singles chart and number 33 in the Dutch Top 40. They opted for cover versions to keep their career going: their next album was 'Labour of love II', a second collection of covers with a few hit singles drawn from it.

My collection: 7" single no. 928
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, July 1, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I would do for you' / 'Hit it'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising