Saturday 3 October 2009

Don't be aggressive - Sandra

I cited the words 'I could be your friend, I could be your slave, I could be anything you want me to / But please, don't be aggressive' to a friend back in 1992, when she wanted to hit me because I was pulling her hair again. The words stuck in my mind, and subsequently I bought the single just after it had failed to reach the Dutch Top 40.

Written by Michael Cretu and Klaus Hirschburger, 'Don't be aggressive' sounded a lot like a track by Enigma, the newly created project by Cretu. The single reached number 17 in Germany and was only a top 10 hit in Norway, where it peaked at number 7.

My collection: 7" single no. 1592
Found: Free Record Shop, March 21, 1992
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't be aggressive' / 'Seal it forever'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising