Wednesday 28 October 2009

Crazy about her - Rod Stewart

'I'd treat her with respect / Not just a sex object / I ain't that kind of guy'. Many performers could sing this convincingly, but not Rod Stewart. Every time I hear this out of his mouth I have to smile. After all, this is the man who ran around in spandex in the Eighties, singing songs like 'Da ya think I'm sexy' and 'Hot legs'.

'Crazy about her' was taken from Stewart's 1988 album 'Out of order', which was produced by Andy Taylor from Duran Duran and Bernard Edwards of Chic. This single reached number 7 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 11 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. It didn't chart in the UK. I guess they didn't believe him either.

My collection: 7" single no. 1131
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, December 9, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Crazy about her' / 'Dynamite'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising