Saturday 12 September 2009

No mercy - The Stranglers

The relationship with my brother has always been a bit strange. He was very much into music, and didn't have any scruples about how to get hold of records. So when I started buying records as a child, sometimes I had singles disappear on me. There was also the odd swap, but he always came out on top, because I had a lousy judgement when I was eight years old.

This single is a historic one, because it was the first single I got from him, no strings attached. It happened one sunny summers day in 1985, when I'd done some radio work for him. I didn't really like the song, but I was too baffled to say anything about it. Lucky I kept it, because I really like the song now. The single reached number 37 in the UK singles chart and number 27 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 259
Found: Den Haag
Cost: nothing
Tracks: 'No mercy' / 'In one door'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising