Saturday 5 September 2009

For you only - Alison Moyet

'For you only' was re-recorded for a single release that only took place in some European countries. It was the fourth single from Alison Moyet's debut album 'Alf', released after the non-album single 'That ole devil called love'.

It's hard to find any more information about this single, all I know is that it didn't chart in the UK and the Netherlands. Perhaps it did in some other countries, but it wasn't the biggest hit in Moyet's career at any rate.

My collection: 7" single no. 3482
Found: Geest, Den Haag, 2003
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'For you only (new version)' / 'Twisting the knife'

1 comment:

  1. I love this song. I prefer the remixed version (which was released as a 7" single here in New Zealand) over the LP version. I wish I could find the remixed single version on a CD somewhere. It's punchier than the LP version and has some really nice sax in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising