Tuesday 8 September 2009

Dance little sister - Terence Trent d'Arby

From the sleeve of this single I can trace its travels. After it was made it ended up in the music library of Capital radio in the UK. One day, it was taken to a Music & Video Exchange in London, where it sat in the racks for some time. It was bought by a Dutch record dealer, who sold it on the Parkpop festival in Den Haag - and that's where I got it.

'Dance little sister' was the second single from Terence Trent d'Arby's debut album, released the autumn of 1987. The single peaked at number 30 in the US Billboard Hot 100, number 20 in the UK singles chart and number 3 in the Dutch Top 40. For me, the song was an acquired taste - initially I didn't like it at all.

My collection: 7" single no. 1252
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 24, 1990
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Dance little sister' / 'Dance little sister part 2'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising