Saturday 5 September 2009

Ain't my beating heart - Ten Sharp

After Ten Sharp had a big hit with 'You', they released a mini-album in the Netherlands entitled 'Under the water-line'. From this mini-album, which featured 7 tracks, they released a second single, 'Ain't my beating heart'. It sounded like 'You' in a number of ways, in the sense that it was keyboard-driven and it featured the same sound overall. It was a minor success in the Netherlands, peaking at number 32 in the Dutch Top 40.

This single surprised me a couple of times. First when I went to London in 1992, a year after the release of the single, and found the UK version of this single. It was actually made in Holland, but the sleeve was very different from the European one: much simpler and without a photograph of the band. (The sleeve is pictured above.)

Then, in 1997, I found the European version of 'Ain't my beating heart' - but with a bonus single containing an acoustic version of 'You'. I am sure I never saw this limited edition in Dutch shops, so I guess it was released in other countries.

My collection: 7" single no. 1742
Found: Virgin Megastore, London, October 19, 1992
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Ain't my beating heart' / 'Who needs women'

My collection: 7" single no. 2804
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 4, 1997
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Ain't my beating heart' / 'Who needs women' // 'You (acoustic version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising