Friday 14 August 2009

Tandem - Vanessa Paradis

Young Vanessa Paradis followed up her debut album 'M&J' (1987) with a second album, 'Variations sur le même t'aime' in 1990. On this album, she had French music legend Serge Gainsbourg compose songs for her. The track 'Tandem' was released as one of the singles from the album.

I bought the single without having heard it, because sometimes I like to experiment a little. Even though the song did not touch me back in 1995, I have to say I quite like it now that I've heard it again. At only 18 years old, Paradis was making some very mature music.

My collection: 7" single no. 2275
Found: Record fair, April 23, 1995
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Tandem' / 'Ophelie'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising