Tuesday 11 August 2009

Real life - Simple Minds

'Real life' was released as the fourth single from the Simple Minds' 1991 album 'Real life'. Released in October 1991, it was the first time since 1984's 'Up on the catwalk' that a single by the band stalled outside the top 20 of the UK singles chart, reaching number 34 only.

That's not to say that this is a bad track, because it contains all the hallmarks of a good Simple Minds track. But perhaps it wasn't memorable enough. I mean, even I didn't know I already had the single and bought another copy last week in London. It cost me 10p, so I'm not complaining - but I already had it.

My collection: 7" single no. 3054
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, May 8, 1999
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Real life' / 'See the lights (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising