Sunday 2 August 2009

I've got you under my skin - Neneh Cherry

In 1990, the album 'Red Hot and Blue' was released in order to raise funds for AIDS research. Twenty artists contributed cover versions of Cole Porter songs to the album. Neneh Cherry's version of 'I've got you under my skin' was released as the lead single from the album.

She did a rather creative cover version of the track, with some added raps and lyrics, a strong bassline and a little less melody. Still, the track stands up well. The single reached number 25 in the UK singles chart and number 14 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 2136
Found: Grammofoonwinkel, Utrecht, August 2, 1994
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I've got you under my skin' / 'I've got you under my skin (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising