Tuesday 11 August 2009

Big shot - Momentarily - Jona Lewie

Although I have a considerable record collection - as you can tell from this blog - I've never come across a 6" single before. Imagine my surprise when I saw this little treasure. The sleeve cheekily suggests that if your record player does not play this disc, you should 'invest in the seven inch version'.

Well, fortunately my record player is not fully automatic and I was able to play this disc. It's just as well, since I did pay more than 60p for it. 'Big shot - Momentarily' was a hit for Jona Lewie in Germany, but in the UK, where this 6" single was released, it did not chart. I guess not everyone is into gimmicks as much as I am.

My collection: 6" single no. 3983
Found: Sister Ray, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Big Shot - Momentarily' / 'I'll get by in Pittsburgh'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising