Saturday 29 August 2009

Am I right? - Erasure

'Am I right?' was the third single released from Erasure's 1991 album 'Chorus'. It is a ballad in which the protagonist is wandering through the city streets after a romantic separation, while his lover contemplates whether or not (s)he is really in love and wants to return to the relationship.

The single was released as a four track EP, featuring three bonus tracks. It reached number 15 in the UK singles chart. Another EP, featuring new songs and alternate versions, also called 'Am I right', was released a month later and reached number 22. However, that EP was not released on 7" vinyl.

My collection: 7" single no. 2192
Found: Big Company Records, London, September 29, 1994
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Am I right?', 'Carry on clangers (edited)' / 'Let it flow', 'Waiting for sex (edited)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising