Monday 27 July 2009

This is the day - The The

Early 12" singles by The The were selling for anything upwards of 20 pounds circa 1990. Although I was an avid collector of the band's work, I never shelled out that much money for their records. And now it turns out I was right. Somewhere in a dark corner of a Dutch record shop, this disc suddenly popped up in front of me. I knew instinctively I had to have this - even if my 12" collection is not growing so fast anymore.

The The released a collector's edition of their greatest hits album '45 rpm: volume 1' (By the way, where is volume 2?) in 2002, with disc 2 containing some extended versions. This extended version is missing from that disc. And so I'm very happy to have finally caught this one. And cheaply, too!

My collection: 12" single no. 503
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 2,5 euro
Tracks: 'This is the day (extended version)' / 'I've been waiting for tomorrow (all of my life) (Special mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising