Sunday 5 July 2009

If you could read my mind - Viola Wills

Viola Wills was born as Viola Mae Wilkerson in Los Angeles on December 30, 1939. Wills was already married from her teens and was the mother of six children before the age of 21 when, in 1965, she was discovered by Barry White who signed her to Bronco Records and rechristened her with the shorter stage surname of Wills.

Her 1981 single 'If you could read my mind' was remixed by the DJ remix service Disconet. In that version, she had a hit in the Netherlands, reaching number 3. Wills died of cancer on May 6, 2009 in Arizona.

My collection: 7" single no. 2058
Found: November 27, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'If you could read my mind (Special short US Disconet version)' / 'If you could read my mind'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising