Tuesday 28 July 2009

I won't let the sun go down - Nik Kershaw

'I won't let the sun go down on me' is a track from Nik Kershaw's debut album 'Human racing', and released as the fourth single from that album. Written during the last few years of the cold war period, when a nuclear threat was imminent, Kershaw wrote a lyric like 'forefinger on the button, is he blue or is he red?'.

Upon its first release, the single reached number 47 in the UK singles chart. After 'Wouldn't it be good' reached the top 5, the single was re-released and reached number 2 on this occasion. In the Netherlands, the single reached number 6 after that.

I have two versions of the single: one in a 'blue' sleeve, which according to a fan is a rare item, because he never saw this sleeve before, and another one in a limited edition postersleeve.

My collection: 7" single no. 1062 ('blue' sleeve)
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 18, 1989
Cost: 1 pound
My collection: 7" single no. 2496 (postersleeve)
Found: London, October 30, 199
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'I won't let the sun go down' / 'Dark glasses'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising