Sunday 19 July 2009

Caribbean blue - Enya

A day at the Enya producer's office

'It's almost time to release a new single by Enya'.
- 'Really? It isn't so long ago since the previous album.'
'Yes, I know, but people are buying the stuff in droves, so we better make a profit now.'
- 'Okay... So do you still have the tapes?'
'Yes, I've got all the 'oohs' and 'aahs' she sung a couple of years ago.'
- 'Right. So any ideas for a new song?'
'Not really, but I think you could write a lyric, something along the lines of that one song, you know...'
- 'Orinoco flow?'
'That's the one! That way, I don't have to spend hours composing and arranging.'
- 'So have you got any lyric yet?'
'Yep, I'm almost there. It's a good thing we have those tapes in which she sang random words; we can glue them together and form some lyric with that.'
- 'Okay. What about the B-side?'
'Hmmm... I guess we'll just stick that Orinoco thingy on it'.
- 'Wouldn't that be a bit obvious?'
'I don't know. We'll see, won't we? If people buy this single, we can make a whole album with this stuff.'
- 'Right, good thinking mate...'

My collection: 7" single no. 1544
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, November 2, 1991
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Caribbean blue' / 'Orinoco flow'

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hoped I could have written the description to this single. We have had laughs about how similar singles were actually produced. It must have gone this way. Whooo whaaaaaaaaa whiiiiii wheeeeeeeee. Still, I like the songs of Enya.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising